One of my favorite sweet potato recipes is a Sweet Potato Casserole. Ruth’s Chris Restaurant has one of the best but my Mothers is just as good. So I am sharing my Mother’s recipe with you today.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup melted butter
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE:
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (I use canned to save time but make sure you drain them)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 bag mini-marshmallows
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Put marshmallows on the top then cook for another 5 – 8 minutes to melt them.
- Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
My book is now available for sale. So Excited!!
You can order through www.createspace.com now or on Amazon in 5 business days. You can message me if you wish for me to order one and get it to you.
Thank you everyone for all your support through this process.
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats (not instant)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, I use more for stronger flavor
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 pounds rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set rack in the center of the oven. Prepare the topping by placing all of the topping ingredients into a food processor. Pulse or mix until the mixture is crumbled to the size of small peas; do not over process. Set aside. Pour the rhubarb directly into a large, shallow baking dish and sprinkle with 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar and 3 tablespoons of flour to coat evenly. Spread crisp topping over entire surface. Bake until fruit is bubbly and the top is golden brown, approximately 30 to 40 minutes. Serve warm or room temperature, plain or a la mode.