Great for a game day or party dish.
- 1 lb of lean ground beef or turkey
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, cubed & softened
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chiles – do not drain
- 6 oz package of real bacon bits, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Nacho Chips
- Brown meat, drain and place in large skillet
- Over low heat, stir in cheeses, tomatoes and bacon bits except for 2 tablespoons
- Cook while stirring frequently until well blended and heated
- Pour mixture into a 2-quart crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally
- Stir in parsley and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits just before serving
Serve as an appetizer or main dish with Nacho Chips.
I recently visited my parents in Kentucky and we made the most fabulous chicken kabob. It was a hit and I will make it again.
Chicken Kabob on the grill
2 – 3 lbs cubed chicken breasts
1 Yellow Pepper (cubed)
1 Red Pepper (cubed)
1 Green Pepper (cubed)
1 Medium Onion (cubed)
1 package large Mushrooms (cleaned and dried)
1 package Cherry Tomatoes
Wooden Skews (soak in water for 20 minutes prior to using)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Place 1/2 the chicken in freezer bag with Italian Dressing and the other 1/2 in a freezer bag with Teriyaki Marinade and let marinade for 24 hours. Once grill is ready, put meat and vegetables on skews alternating until all is used except the cherry tomatoes. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Put cherry tomatoes on skew and grill for the last 5 minutes of the chicken cooking. Season all with salt and pepper to taste. We served with Texas Toast and a side of Sangria. You can use any vegetable you like that taste well with chicken.
Great recipe and very filling!!!
My book is now available for sale. So Excited!!
You can order through www.createspace.com now or on Amazon in 5 business days. You can message me if you wish for me to order one and get it to you.
Thank you everyone for all your support through this process.
According to the History Channel:
Mother’s Day is a holiday honoring motherhood that is observed in different forms throughout the world. The American incarnation of Mother’s Day was created by Anna Jarvis in 1908 and became an official U.S. holiday in 1914. Jarvis would later denounce the holiday’s commercialization and spent the latter part of her life trying to remove it from the calendar. While dates and celebrations vary, Mother’s Day most commonly falls on the second Sunday in May and traditionally involves presenting mothers with flowers, cards and other gifts.
To all the Mother’s out there, Happy Mother’s Day. I hope you enjoy your day.
And to my Mom, love you to the moon and back. Thank you for all you have done for me and teaching me to be the woman that I am today.