This was my Mom’s recipe, so quick and easy and very tasty!
- 1 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 3 – 5 oz can of Peaches
- Vanilla ice cream
Mix butter and vanilla in pan, add Bisquick, sugar, and milk in butter. Pour peaches over the top of the mixture, do not stir. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Fits a 9 x 9 pan! Serve warm with ice cream.
With the warm weather finally here in Wisconsin, thought I would share one of my favorite lemonade slush recipes with you.
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes, crushed
- 3 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons coconut rum (such as Malibu)
- Lime wedge or toasted coconut flakes (optional)
Place ice, concentrate, and rum in a blender; blend until slushy. Garnish with lime wedge or toasted coconut flakes, if desired. Enjoy!!!
You could also do this over ice and not blended, which is how I like it the best.
I love to make finger foods, especially if they are sweet. So, with the season being Thanksgiving I thought I would share an easy Mini Pumpkin Pie recipe. Serve with a dollop of cool whip on top and enjoy.
1 package (3.5 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
1 package cup cake cups
1 container of cool whip
Cut cookies per instructions on the package and place in muffin cups. Cook according to directions and let cool completely.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding mix until thickened. Stir in the pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree until thoroughly combined. Fill each cup 1/2 full with the pumpkin mixture on top of the cooled cookies. You can sprinkle some pumpkin pie spice on top if desired. Serve immediately, or refrigerate and serve within 3 days.
My Mother passed away on August 11, 2018 and the last month has been hard. We know she is in a good place but I miss her dearly. She was a great cook, had a gentle heart and was very much a Southern gal! She taught me everything I know about cooking and the love of food. She had many recipes so I can’t say I had a favorite cause they all were good. To name a few: red velvet cake, pumpkin poll, oyster dressing, biscuits and gravy (with scratch biscuits), hot dog sauce, peanut butter fudge, orange cake, cornbread and beans, pickle relish (which she canned every year), apple butter (made outside over an open fire in a kettle), and I could go on forever. Thanks Mom for helping me become the woman I am today and for showing me how to cook!
So, in memory of Mom, aka Mollie B., aka Mammie, here is her Orange Cake recipe:
- 1 box Duncan Hines Orange cake mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 large tube of Cool Whip
- Mix cake according to directions using milk instead of water and bake accordingly
- Bake in 2 round cake pans
- Once cooled, split in the middle to make 4 layers
- Mix icing ingredients until smooth
- Ice each layer on top only, not on sides and stack on top of each other
- Sprinkle the top with crumbs left in the pans or from the bottom of a section
- Serve and enjoy
As the holidays grow closer it reminds us to stop and enjoy life. Talk with family, reunite with old friends and appreciate what you have.
I recently lost a life-long friend to cancer. It really puts life into prospective. People come and go in your life and you may have a lot of acquaintances but how many true friends do you really have? Something to ponder.
My Dad taught me growing up to always find the good in people; be positive and truthful; remember that when others are mean or sad there is something going on in their lives that is making them that way; and most of all, always take time for friends and family!!!
So my recipe I am sharing today is one that you can share with your friends and family anytime of the year.
PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding (or white chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 8-oz block cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, chopped fine (optional)
- Chocolate syrup for drizzling (optional)
- Whip the pudding and confectioner’s sugar together. Set aside.
- Whip together the peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle a little of the peanut butter mixture on the graham cracker crust. (less than 1/4 cup)
- Fold in half of the whipping cream into remaining peanut butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Top with whipping cream.Optional: Sprinkle nuts on top when ready to serve and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Or you can reserve some of the peanut butter and sugar mixture and put on top (see picture below). Store in refrigerator.
I recently attended a frozen meal workshop which I loved. Although the up front cost is a lot, you do get 10 meals so if you do the math, it is very much worth it. I selected the One Stop Crock-Pot plan and so far have loved every meal I prepared.
One of the best recipes I prepared was the Beef Enchilada Stew so I wanted to share this recipe with you.
1½ pounds beef stew meat
1 yellow onion, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
2 cups frozen cubed butternut squash,
1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce, no salt added
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, no salt added
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup Enchilada sauce
1 1/2 tbsp Spicy Carne Asada Seasoning
Shredded cheddar cheese (for topping) – optional
Sour cream (for topping) – optional
Garnish with Cilantro and avocado slices – optional
Place all ingredients except optional items in crock-pot and cook on medium for 6 – 8 hours or until meat is cook through and vegetables are soft. Serve warm with toppings and crackers if desired.
You can also add a bag of frozen corn or black beans
Tortilla chips and japalenos for a garnish
Or you can substitute shredded chicken for the beef
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
Stir all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Taste and season with more pepper as needed. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!!!!