Great for a game day or party dish.
- 1 lb of lean ground beef or turkey
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, cubed & softened
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chiles – do not drain
- 6 oz package of real bacon bits, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Nacho Chips
- Brown meat, drain and place in large skillet
- Over low heat, stir in cheeses, tomatoes and bacon bits except for 2 tablespoons
- Cook while stirring frequently until well blended and heated
- Pour mixture into a 2-quart crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally
- Stir in parsley and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits just before serving
Serve as an appetizer or main dish with Nacho Chips.
I just read an article that today (July 27) is National Creme Brulee Day. What a great day!!! So in honor of this, I am sharing a delicious recipe; hope you enjoy it.
Chocolate Creme Brulee
1 quart heavy cream
1 cup sugar
1 ounce chocolate liqueur (recommended: Godiva Liqueur)
1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 ounces dark cocoa powder
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate (the better the quality, the better the taste)
11 large egg yolks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, add heavy cream, sugar, liqueur, and vanilla. When mixture is warm add cocoa powder and chocolate and whisk until blended.
Place egg yolks in large stainless steel bowl.
Slowly add warm chocolate mixture to eggs a little at time while whisking.
Strain and pour into individual porcelain ramekins.
Place ramekins in a large baking pan.
Pour enough hot water into pan to come half way up sides of ramekins.
Bake until firm in center, about 30 minutes.
Remove ramekins from water bath and let cool completely.
Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
Dust with sugar and caramelize with propane torch. Serve immediately.
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
Stir all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Taste and season with more pepper as needed. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!!!!
One of my favorite sweet potato recipes is a Sweet Potato Casserole. Ruth’s Chris Restaurant has one of the best but my Mothers is just as good. So I am sharing my Mother’s recipe with you today.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup melted butter
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE:
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (I use canned to save time but make sure you drain them)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 bag mini-marshmallows
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Put marshmallows on the top then cook for another 5 – 8 minutes to melt them.
- Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
I recently visited my parents in Kentucky and we made the most fabulous chicken kabob. It was a hit and I will make it again.
Chicken Kabob on the grill
2 – 3 lbs cubed chicken breasts
1 Yellow Pepper (cubed)
1 Red Pepper (cubed)
1 Green Pepper (cubed)
1 Medium Onion (cubed)
1 package large Mushrooms (cleaned and dried)
1 package Cherry Tomatoes
Wooden Skews (soak in water for 20 minutes prior to using)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Place 1/2 the chicken in freezer bag with Italian Dressing and the other 1/2 in a freezer bag with Teriyaki Marinade and let marinade for 24 hours. Once grill is ready, put meat and vegetables on skews alternating until all is used except the cherry tomatoes. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Put cherry tomatoes on skew and grill for the last 5 minutes of the chicken cooking. Season all with salt and pepper to taste. We served with Texas Toast and a side of Sangria. You can use any vegetable you like that taste well with chicken.
Great recipe and very filling!!!