- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
Stir all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Taste and season with more pepper as needed. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!!!!
One of my favorite sweet potato recipes is a Sweet Potato Casserole. Ruth’s Chris Restaurant has one of the best but my Mothers is just as good. So I am sharing my Mother’s recipe with you today.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup melted butter
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE:
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (I use canned to save time but make sure you drain them)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 bag mini-marshmallows
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Put marshmallows on the top then cook for another 5 – 8 minutes to melt them.
- Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
I recently visited my parents in Kentucky and we made the most fabulous chicken kabob. It was a hit and I will make it again.
Chicken Kabob on the grill
2 – 3 lbs cubed chicken breasts
1 Yellow Pepper (cubed)
1 Red Pepper (cubed)
1 Green Pepper (cubed)
1 Medium Onion (cubed)
1 package large Mushrooms (cleaned and dried)
1 package Cherry Tomatoes
Wooden Skews (soak in water for 20 minutes prior to using)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Place 1/2 the chicken in freezer bag with Italian Dressing and the other 1/2 in a freezer bag with Teriyaki Marinade and let marinade for 24 hours. Once grill is ready, put meat and vegetables on skews alternating until all is used except the cherry tomatoes. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Put cherry tomatoes on skew and grill for the last 5 minutes of the chicken cooking. Season all with salt and pepper to taste. We served with Texas Toast and a side of Sangria. You can use any vegetable you like that taste well with chicken.
Great recipe and very filling!!!