As the holidays grow closer it reminds us to stop and enjoy life. Talk with family, reunite with old friends and appreciate what you have.
I recently lost a life-long friend to cancer. It really puts life into prospective. People come and go in your life and you may have a lot of acquaintances but how many true friends do you really have? Something to ponder.
My Dad taught me growing up to always find the good in people; be positive and truthful; remember that when others are mean or sad there is something going on in their lives that is making them that way; and most of all, always take time for friends and family!!!
So my recipe I am sharing today is one that you can share with your friends and family anytime of the year.
PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding (or white chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 8-oz block cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, chopped fine (optional)
- Chocolate syrup for drizzling (optional)
- Whip the pudding and confectioner’s sugar together. Set aside.
- Whip together the peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle a little of the peanut butter mixture on the graham cracker crust. (less than 1/4 cup)
- Fold in half of the whipping cream into remaining peanut butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Top with whipping cream.
Optional: Sprinkle nuts on top when ready to serve and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Or you can reserve some of the peanut butter and sugar mixture and put on top (see picture below). Store in refrigerator.
One of the best recipes I have for apples is one of the easiest. With Fall upon us, I thought I would share it. Hope you enjoy……
Quick Apple Crisp
5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 – 9 oz. pkg. yellow cake mix
2 tbsp. sugar
1 – 2 tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place sliced apples in greased and floured pan. combine remaining ingredients. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples. Bake 35 – 40 minutes or until apples are tender. Can add Vanilla ice cream or thawed whipped topping when serving. Great served cold or warm. For a change, use any fruit like peaches, strawberries, etc.; quick and easy recipe.
I just read an article that today (July 27) is National Creme Brulee Day. What a great day!!! So in honor of this, I am sharing a delicious recipe; hope you enjoy it.
Chocolate Creme Brulee
1 quart heavy cream
1 cup sugar
1 ounce chocolate liqueur (recommended: Godiva Liqueur)
1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 ounces dark cocoa powder
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate (the better the quality, the better the taste)
11 large egg yolks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, add heavy cream, sugar, liqueur, and vanilla. When mixture is warm add cocoa powder and chocolate and whisk until blended.
Place egg yolks in large stainless steel bowl.
Slowly add warm chocolate mixture to eggs a little at time while whisking.
Strain and pour into individual porcelain ramekins.
Place ramekins in a large baking pan.
Pour enough hot water into pan to come half way up sides of ramekins.
Bake until firm in center, about 30 minutes.
Remove ramekins from water bath and let cool completely.
Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
Dust with sugar and caramelize with propane torch. Serve immediately.
One of my favorite sweet potato recipes is a Sweet Potato Casserole. Ruth’s Chris Restaurant has one of the best but my Mothers is just as good. So I am sharing my Mother’s recipe with you today.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup melted butter
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE:
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (I use canned to save time but make sure you drain them)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 bag mini-marshmallows
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Put marshmallows on the top then cook for another 5 – 8 minutes to melt them.
- Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
My book is now available for sale. So Excited!!
You can order through www.createspace.com now or on Amazon in 5 business days. You can message me if you wish for me to order one and get it to you.
Thank you everyone for all your support through this process.