This recipe is from my brother-in-law, Rick:
Southwestern Hot Dogs
1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
3 tbsp. salsa
1/2 tsp. chili powder
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. mayonnaise
10 hot dogs
In a bowl, combine all ingredients except dogs and buns. Cut a 1/2″ deep lengthwise slit in each hot dog. Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture into each hot dog. Broil in oven for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns.
Mango Green Tea Smoothie
Pizza Snack Cups
1 pkg. refrigerated biscuits (10 biscuits)
½ lb. ground beef
1 – 14 oz. jar pizza sauce
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In 12 cup muffin pan, evenly press each biscuit in bottom and up sides of each cup; chill until ready fill. In skillet, brown ground beef over medium high heat; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and heat through. Evenly spoon beef mixture into prepared muffin cups. Bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden. Let stand 5 minutes, gently remove pizza cups from pan and serve.
#recipes, #cooking, #food, #southerncooking
Refined Flours: all-purpose, bread, cake, self-rising
- Place your flour in the freezer for 48 hours to kill any weevil or insect eggs that may be present.
- Transfer it to a food-grade container (plastic, glass, etc.) with a tight-sealing lid. This will keep your flour from absorbing moisture, and ensure that insects and other pests cannot get to it.
- Tight-sealing containers also prevent the flours from absorbing odors or flavors from other foods in the same area.
- Store your flour in a cool, dry place away from sunlight. Flour will keep up to six months in the dark pantry.
- If you wish to keep your flour longer, store it in the freezer instead. It will keep there for several years, but is best used within a year.
To use: just scoop out whatever you need. There’s no need to thaw it out or bring it to room temperature.
Did you know it is important how you store your foods: eggs, baking soda, flour, vanilla extract and more.
Speaking of vanilla extract: you should store it at room temperature in a dark place, such as the pantry. Good quality vanilla extracts often come in darkened glass to protect the vanilla from light. So take a look in your baking supplies and make sure your vanilla stays fresh longer.
Hello and welcome to my site.
I was born and raised in Northeastern Kentucky in the hills of Greenup County. It’s an area full of families with many traditions that love God, family, horses, food, Nascar, bluegrass & country music and their Kentucky Wildcats. Good food!!! Strong southern style food with family traditions and heart put into each recipe. I lived in Greenup until I was 20 years old and have now lived in the Midwest for the last 20 years. So, I have had the privilege of learning new Midwest traditions, food, and love the Green Bay Packers.
I hope you enjoy following my blog. Feel free to share and comment; add recipes, stories, traditions.