Summer is always a fun time of year, and it’s full of great food and friends. It’s a time to unwind, enjoy the sunshine and be grateful for all that God has blessed you with.
When I prepare meals or socials I like to do quick and easy recipes; so here is one for you to enjoy and it is somewhat healthy.
1 container Mozzarella balls
1 package Old Wisconsin Honey Brown Sausage Snack Bites
1 small package of Spinach leafs
1 small package Cherry Tomatoes
Balsamic Vinegar (I used Raspberry flavored)
1 package skew sticks
Alternate placing 1 of each item on the skew until the skew is half full. Once all ingredients are used, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and let set in refrigerator until ready to serve. Can also be put in a dish without the skews and served as a salad.
Enjoy!!! Thanks Marcia L. for the recipe.
It’s been a cold and long winter but Spring is just around the corner, fingers crossed. With that in mind, thought I would add a grilling recipe. Hope you enjoy!
- 4 tomatoes (1 pound), quartered
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes (10 ounces)
- 1 pint small mixed heirloom tomatoes, halved if large
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Feta cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large garlic clove
Once grill is ready, arrange large sheets of heavy-duty foil on a work surface, layered. Mound the tomatoes in the center the sheets, drizzle with the olive oil and season with sea salt and ground pepper; then place garlic clove on top. Fold up the foil to create tight packet. May have to divide into two packets.
Set the packets on the grill and cover. Grill over moderately high heat for 18 – 20 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to soften and burst. Carefully cut open the foil packets. Serve over a toasted crostini or grilled ciabatta bread and sprinkle feta on top before serving.
Great for a game day or party dish.
- 1 lb of lean ground beef or turkey
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, cubed & softened
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chiles – do not drain
- 6 oz package of real bacon bits, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Nacho Chips
- Brown meat, drain and place in large skillet
- Over low heat, stir in cheeses, tomatoes and bacon bits except for 2 tablespoons
- Cook while stirring frequently until well blended and heated
- Pour mixture into a 2-quart crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally
- Stir in parsley and sprinkle with remaining bacon bits just before serving
Serve as an appetizer or main dish with Nacho Chips.
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
Stir all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Taste and season with more pepper as needed. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!!!!
Had to share this; love anything with “jerk” spice. I have to give credit to the Margaritaville website. One of my favorite recipes for entertaining.
1 – 8 oz package Margaritaville Jammin’ Shrimp
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cups ripe tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 loaf sliced grilled or toasted French bread
- Cook shrimp according to package. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add garlic, olive oil, tomatoes, green peppers, basil, salt and pepper to same skillet. Heat through for 1 minutes.
- To serve, spoon tomato mixture on slice of French bread and top with shrimp.
Made this last week and they are awesome!!
1 tube (3/4 pound) bulk pork breakfast sausage, mild or spicy
1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup Wisconsin pimento cheese spread
1 large egg
1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 12 cubes (1/2 inch each)
Parsley leaves for topping, chopped
Heat over to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the cheddar cheese and parsley. Mix well and divide into 12 pieces. Wrap piece around a cheese cube and place on pan. Bake 16 – 18 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Place on serving tray and sprinkle with parsley. Better served warm.