- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup chopped Kit Kat candy bar pieces
- Optional: add semi-sweet chocolate chips after adding Kit Kat pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients except candy bar pieces. Set aside
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until combined. Add egg and vanilla; mix until combined
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix just until combined. Do not over mix
- Gently fold in chopped Kit Kat candy bar pieces; cover bowl and refrigerate dough for about an hour
- Place a rounded scoop of dough on an ungreased baking sheet, or silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet. Keep dough chilled in between batches.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until barely golden brown around the edges. Do not over bake. The tops will not brown. Do not bake longer than 9 minutes. Cookies may appear to be soft and undone, but they will set as they cool.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet on wire rack for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Option: can use an 9×13 square pan and make bars. Just add 2 eggs instead of 1, 2 sticks of softened butter instead of 3/4 cup and add a small box of instant vanilla pudding mix. Bake for 35-38 minutes or until cooked through.