In thinking about Halloween and carving pumpkins, thought I would share my favorite pumpkin soup recipe. Hope you enjoy it.
– 2 lbs pumpkin, skin and seeds removed, chopped into small cubes
– 1 small onion finely chopped
– 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
– 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
– 1 tsp crushed garlic
– 4 cups chicken broth/stock
– 2 chicken bouillon cubes crumbled
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1/2 cup half & half
– 1/2 cup cooked, chopped bacon
Place all ingredients, except cream, in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
Remove from heat, use a stick blender and blend until smooth. Add the cream and stir through (do not boil after adding cream). Add any salt or pepper if needed, and serve with bacon sprinkled on top (can put parsley or roasted pumpkin seeds on top if desired).