It’s been a cold and long winter but Spring is just around the corner, fingers crossed. With that in mind, thought I would add a grilling recipe. Hope you enjoy!
- 4 tomatoes (1 pound), quartered
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes (10 ounces)
- 1 pint small mixed heirloom tomatoes, halved if large
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Feta cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large garlic clove
Once grill is ready, arrange large sheets of heavy-duty foil on a work surface, layered. Mound the tomatoes in the center the sheets, drizzle with the olive oil and season with sea salt and ground pepper; then place garlic clove on top. Fold up the foil to create tight packet. May have to divide into two packets.
Set the packets on the grill and cover. Grill over moderately high heat for 18 – 20 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to soften and burst. Carefully cut open the foil packets. Serve over a toasted crostini or grilled ciabatta bread and sprinkle feta on top before serving.