As the holidays grow closer it reminds us to stop and enjoy life. Talk with family, reunite with old friends and appreciate what you have.
I recently lost a life-long friend to cancer. It really puts life into prospective. People come and go in your life and you may have a lot of acquaintances but how many true friends do you really have? Something to ponder.
My Dad taught me growing up to always find the good in people; be positive and truthful; remember that when others are mean or sad there is something going on in their lives that is making them that way; and most of all, always take time for friends and family!!!
So my recipe I am sharing today is one that you can share with your friends and family anytime of the year.
PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding (or white chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 8-oz block cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, chopped fine (optional)
- Chocolate syrup for drizzling (optional)
- Whip the pudding and confectioner’s sugar together. Set aside.
- Whip together the peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle a little of the peanut butter mixture on the graham cracker crust. (less than 1/4 cup)
- Fold in half of the whipping cream into remaining peanut butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Top with whipping cream.Optional: Sprinkle nuts on top when ready to serve and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Or you can reserve some of the peanut butter and sugar mixture and put on top (see picture below). Store in refrigerator.